: Some of the buckets return with a count of ‘0’ in the bucket even though
: the facet.range.min is set to ‘1’.  That is not the primary issue

facet.range.min has never been a supported (or documented) param -- you
are most likeley trying to use "facet.mincount" (which can be specified
per field as a top level f.my_field_name.facet.mincount, or as a
localparam, ex: facet.range={!facet.mincount=1}my_field_name

: though. What I would like to get back are buckets of unevenly spaced
: gaps.  For example, counts for the last 7 days, last 30 days, last 90
: days.

what you are describing is exactly what the "Interval Faceting" feature
provides...

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Faceting#Faceting-IntervalFaceting

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/