Which kind of Highlighter are you using ?
Anyway it is responsibility of your analysis chain.
it is an heavy analysis chain and I can see : "solr.
HunspellStemFilterFactory"

If you are using the term vector for your field, to be used by your
highlighter, in the term vector , for each document, you will find a mini
inverted indexed produced by your index time analysis chain ( i.e. office
will be there with the original offset and position in the text.

If you are not storing the term vector and you are using an highlighter
that doesn't need it, each document field will be analysed at runtime (
with the Index time analysis chain).

So your guess is correct, with such an heavy analysed field , highlighting
will work in that way.

Cheers

--

Benedetti Alessandro