From: Shalin Shekhar Mangar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 11:38 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to describe 2 entities in dataConfig for the DataImporter?

The surname is used just as an example of a field.

The NullPointerException is because the same field "id" tries to use it's
own value in a template. The template cannot contain the same field on which
it is being applied. I'd suggest that you get the id aliased to another
name, for example using a query "select id as idAlias from vets" and then
use:
<field column="id" template="vets-${vets.idAlias}" />

That should work, let me know if you face a problem.

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:40 PM, Julio Castillo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Thanks for all the leads.
> I did get however a null pointer exception while implementing it:
>
> May 30, 2008 9:57:50 AM
> org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.EntityProcessorBase
> applyTransformer
> WARNING: transformer threw error
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>   at
> org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.TemplateTransformer.transformRow(Te
> mplate
> Transformer.java:55)
>   at
> org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.EntityProcessorBase.applyTransforme
> r(Enti
> tyProcessorBase.java:186)
>
> Looking at the source code, it appears that the resolverMap is null.
> The resolver returned null given the entityName.
>
> Looking at the documentation, there is the reference to a eparent.surname.
> The example says:
> <field column="namedesc" template="hello${e.name},${eparent.surname}"
> />
>
> I'm afraid, I don't know what an eparent.surname is. This is my
> current dataconfig.xml configuration excerpt:
>
> <entity name="vets" pk="id"  query="..." deltaQuery="..."
> transformer="TemplateTransformer">
>  <field column="id" name="id" template="vets-${vets.id}"/>  ...
>
> Am I missing a surname? Whatever that may be?
>
> Thanks
>
> ** julio

DataImporter?

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

  • How to describe 2 enti... Julio Castillo
    • Re: How to descri... Shalin Shekhar Mangar
      • RE: How to de... Julio Castillo
        • Re: How t... Shalin Shekhar Mangar
          • Re: H... Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ्
            • ... Julio Castillo