Take a look at TestCoreDiscovery.java, it creates a bunch of cores and
tests loading them. You probably want to ignore anything about
transient cores in that file.

But... how are you creating cores? 5.x doesn't support defining
multiple cores in solr.xml, so that's the first thing you need to be
aware of.

Otherwise, exactly what are you seeing?

Best,
Erick