Von: Brian Whitman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Montag, 02. Juni 2008 15:57
An: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: Re: phrase highlighting

On Jun 2, 2008, at 9:51 AM, Stefan Oestreicher wrote:
> (http://www.nabble.com/-jira--Commented:-(SOLR-553)-Highlighter-does-n
> ot-mat
> ch-phrase-queries-correctly-p17234014.html) It deployed without
> problems and the info section in the admin panel correctly (?) reports
> the solr version as "Solr Implementation Version: 1.3-dev".
>
> However there's no difference at all if I use
> "hl.usePhraseHighlighter=true"
> in my select request, phrase terms are still highlighted individually.

That's a different issue, SOLR-553 was to fix the bug that
highlighting would return snips that did not match the query at all
(e.g. a query for "a b c" would return a snip that just had <span>a</
span> and nothing else.)

You want SOLR-575, which is about "joining" the spans across the
highlight. It's more of a display fix (although I don't understand the
internals of lucene enough to know how hard it would be to implement.)