Thank you for the update.

The MSWord format changed significantly from .doc to .docx so has a
different parser I suspect. I would not be surprised if old
binary-format parser would miss something exotic in the documents
(e.g. content of text boxes or frames).

Regards,
   Alex.
----
Solr Analyzers, Tokenizers, Filters, URPs and even a newsletter:
http://www.solr-start.com/