I am brand new to Solr. I am trying to get a very simple setup running. I've got just a few fields: name, description, tags. I am only able to search on the default field (name) however. I tried to set up the dismax config to search all the fields, but I never get any results on the other fields. Example doc:

<doc>
  <field name="id">318</field>
  <field name="name">Testing the new system</field>
<field name="description">Here is the very descriptive description</field>
  <field name="user">jsd</field>
  <field name="tags"></field>
  <field name="date">2008-05-16T05:05:10Z</field>
</doc>

q=system finds this doc.

q=descriptive does not.

q=descriptive&qt=dismax does not

q=descriptive&qt=dismax&qf=description does not

my solrconfig contains:

 <requestHandler name="dismax" class="solr.DisMaxRequestHandler" >
    <lst name="defaults">
     <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
     <float name="tie">0.01</float>
     <str name="qf">