I am using solrj to index documents

i agree with you regarding the index update but i should not see any
deleted documents as it is a fresh index. Can we actually identify what are
those deleted documents?

if there is no option of adding shards to existing collection i do not like
the idea of re indexing the whole data (worth hours) and we have gone with
good number of shards but there is a rapid increase of size in data over
the past few days, do you think is it worth logging a ticket?