That's still a VERY open question. The answer is Yes, but the details
depend on the shape and source of your data. And the search you are
anticipating.

Is this a lot of entries with small number of fields. Or a -
relatively - small number of entries with huge field counts. Do you
need to store/return all those fields or just search them?

Is the content coming as one huge file (in which format?) or from an
external source such as database?

And so on.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
Solr Analyzers, Tokenizers, Filters, URPs and even a newsletter:
http://www.solr-start.com/