Yes. The older-style ZK entity was all-in-one
in /clusterstate.json. Recently we've moved
to a per-collection state.json instead, to avoid
the "thundering herd" problem. In that state,
/clusterstate.json is completely ignored and,
as you see, not updated.

Hmmm, might be worth raising a JIRA to remove
empty clusterstate.json to avoid confusion....

Best,
Erick