1. Erik, thanks,  I agree that it is really serious, but I think that the 3
minutes on this case were not mandatory.
On my case it was a deadlock, which smells like some kind of bug.
One replica is waiting for other to come up, before it takes leadership,
while the other is waiting for the election results.
If I will be able to reproduce it on 5.2.1, is it legitimate to file a JIRA
issue for that?

2. Regarding session timeouts, there's something about configuration that I
don't understand.
 If zkClientTimeout is set to 30 seconds, how come see in the log that
session expired after ~50 seconds.
Maybe I have a mismatch between zookeeper and solr configuration?

3. Resuming the question of leaderVoteWait parameter, I have seen in a few
threads that it may be reduced to a minimum.
I'm not clear about the full meaning, but I understand that it is meant to
prevent lose of update on cluster startup.
Can anyone confirm/clarify that?

Links for leaderVoteWait:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201307.mbox/%3ccajt9wnhivirpn79kttcn8ekafevhhmqwkfl-+i16kbz0ogl...@mail.gmail.com%3E

http://qnalist.com/questions/4812859/waitforleadertoseedownstate-when-leader-is-down