Hi Jamie,

Your understanding is inverted.  The predicates can be read as:

For indexed point data, there is almost no semantic different between the
Within and Intersects predicates.  There is if the field is multi-valued
and you want to ensure that all of the points for a document are within the
query shape (Within predicate) versus any of them being okay (Intersects
predicate).  Intersects is pretty fast.

The Contains predicate only makes sense for non-point indexed data.

~ David