On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Kiran Sai Veerubhotla
<sai.sq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i have used json facet api and noticed that its relying heavily on filter
> cache.

Yes.  The root domain (the set of documents that match the base query
and filters) is cached in the filter cache.
For sub-facets, the set of documents that matches a particular bucket
also utilizes the filter cache.

> index is optimized and all my fields are with docValues='true'  and the
> number of documents are 2.6 million and always faceting on almost all the
> documents with 'fq'
>
> the size of documentCache and queryResultCache are very minimal < 10 ? is
> it ok ? i understand that documentCache stores the documents that are
> fetched from disk(segment merged) and the size is set to 2000

If your document size is large at all, you could probably reduce the
size of the doc cache with little impact.

> fieldCache is always zero is it because of docValues?

Right.

> ver 5.2.1

Version 5.3 is out now.  The official "latest version" link hasn't
been changed yet, but I maintain a list of download links for
different versions here:
http://yonik.com/download/

-Yonik