A transformer on the outer entity will run before the inner entity is
invoked. So, you might be able to remove the list of files to ignore
before the inner entity starts extracting from them.

You could also pre-generate a list of files by doing ls/find with your
requirements and then just read that file directly with DIH.

Regards,
  Alex.
----
Solr Analyzers, Tokenizers, Filters, URPs and even a newsletter:
http://www.solr-start.com/