Oh My. What fun!

bq: I need a way to specify the payload on the other field types

Not to my knowledge. The payload mechanism is built on
the capability of having a filter in the analysis chain. And there's
no analysis chain with primitive types (string, numeric and the like).

Hmmm. Totally off the top of my head, but I wonder if you could
use a Binary type and customize all the reading to spoof
whatever primitive types you wanted while respecting your
auth tokens?

Best,
Erick