Have you done anything special in terms of routing or are you using
the default compositeId? How are you indexing? Docs are considered
"identical" in Solr based solely on the <uniqueKey> field. If that's
the absolute same (possibly including extra whitespace) then this
shouldn't be happening, nobody else has reported this, so I suspect
there's something about your setup that's odd.

The clusterstate for the collection would be interesting to see, as
well as your schema definition for your ID field.

Best,
Erick