On 9/2/2015 1:30 PM, Renee Sun wrote:
> Is there an easy way for me to get the actually deleted document number? I
> mean if the query did not hit any documents, I want to know that nothing got
> deleted. But if it did hit documents, i would like to know how many were
> delete...

I do this by issuing the same query that I plan to use for the delete,
before doing the delete.  If numFound is zero, I don't do the delete.
Either way I know how many docs are getting deleted.  Since the program
that does this is the only thing updating the index, I know that the
info is completely accurate.

Thanks,
Shawn