Here's some debug info from a query our code was generating:

"querystring": "post_date:[2015-09-0124T00:00:00Z TO
2015-09-0224T00:00:00Z]",
"parsedquery": "post_date:[1451692800000 TO 1460332800000]",

The "24" is from part of our code that interprets the hour, it was being
incorrectly added.  We have since fixed the problem, but are somewhat
confused that we did not get an error.

When I decode the millisecond timestamps in the parsed query, I get
these dates:

Sat, 02 Jan 2016 00:00:00 GMT
Mon, 11 Apr 2016 00:00:00 GMT

Should this be considered a bug?  I would have expected Solr to throw an
exception related to an invalidly formatted date, not assume that we
meant the 124th and 224th day of the month and calculate it
accordingly.  Would I be right in thinking that this problem is not
actually in Solr code, that we are using code from either Java itself or
a third party for ISO date parsing?

The index where this problem was noticed is Solr 4.9.1 running with
Oracle JDK8u45 on Linux.  I confirmed that the same thing happens if I
use Solr 5.2.1 running with Oracle JDK 8u60 on Windows.

Thanks,
Shawn