I'm no expert, but one of the neat things about RankQuery is that you
can implement your own collector, and spit out documents that are *not*
in score order. One use case I came across for which we used this was
"do not display items from the same supplier within 4 results of each
other". This would have been impossible (or very hard indeed) to
implement using a pure scoring algorithm.

Upayavira