16.9.2015, 16.16, Shawn Heisey kirjoitti:
I agree here.  I don't like the forceful termination unless it becomes
truly necessary.

I changed the timeout to 20 seconds in the script installed in
/etc/init.d ... a bit of a brute force approach.  When I find some time,
I will think about how to make this better, and choose a better default
value.  30 seconds is probably good.  It should also be configurable,
probably in the /var/solr/solr.in.sh config fragment.

Thanks, Shawn. Insprired by this I filed an issue and attached a patch in Jira, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8065. The patch makes the stop function behave like start so that it waits up to 30 seconds for the process to shut down and checks the status once a second. I didn't make the timeout configurable since I think 30 seconds should be enough in any situation (this may be a statement I'll regret later..) and the script doesn't wait any longer than necessary. But if you find that a necessity, it shouldn't be too difficult to add.

--Ere

--
Ere Maijala
Kansalliskirjasto / The National Library of Finland