Aman,

I cannot promise to answer questions promptly - like most people on this
list, we answer if/when we have a gap in our workload.

The reason you are getting the non multiValued field error is because
your latlon field does not have multiValued="true" enabled.

However, the field type definition notes that this field type does not
support multivalued fields, so you're not gonna get anywhere with that
route.

Have you tried the location_rpt type?
(solr.SpatialRecursivePrefixTreeFieldType). This is a newer, and as I
understand it, far more flexible field type - for example, you can index
shapes into it as well as locations.

I'd suggest you read this page, and pay particular attention to mentions
of RPT:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Spatial+Search

Upayavira