Can somebody kindly help me understand the difference between the following
startup calls ?

./solr start -p 1111 -s /solr/home -z zk1:2181,zk2:2181,zk3:2181

Vs

./solr start -c -p 1111 -s /solr/home -z zk1:2181,zk2:2181,zk3:2181

What happens if i don't pass the "-c" option ?? I read the documentation
but got more confused, I do run a ZK ensemble of 3 instances.  FYI my cloud
seems to work fine and teh Admin UI shows Cloud graph just fine, but I want
to just make sure I am doing the right thing and not missing any nuance.

The following is form documention on cwiki.

"Start Solr in SolrCloud mode, which will also launch the embedded
ZooKeeper instance included with Solr.

This option can be shortened to simply -c.

If you are already running a ZooKeeper ensemble that you want to use
instead of the embedded (single-node) ZooKeeper, you should also pass the
-z parameter."

Thanks

Ravi Kiran Bhaskar