Hey Doug,

Thanks for reply. Details regarding my use case:

I need to query on two fields in my indexes, and will consider score only
for the one which has highest score. So i create two boolean queries [these
queries are made up of other differet tokens, so  chose boolean query] on
those two fields, and added as disjuncts on one dismax query. Now when i
call setboost on the original dismax query it sets the boost on all its
disjunct queries, so then this whole dismax returns boost*boost as boost
gets applied twice.
So then what i have to do is apply boost on dismax and then after that
remove boost from its child to retain sanctity.

I hope i made it clear.

Thanks and regards,
Gajendra Dadheech