On 9/26/2015 8:31 AM, Szűcs Roland wrote:
> I downloaded the latest version of solr to my computer. When I started
> solr as a standalone proccess on the default port two strange things
> happened:
> 1. I got an error message : Failed to parse command line arguments due
> to: Unrecognized option: -maxWaitSecs. I did not use any argumet when I
> saterted solr just the start command
>
> 2. When I go tothe localhost in the webbrowser I saw the attached
> picture. It shows that I am running version 5.2.1, although al the
> enviromental variable is reffered to a subdirectory of the 5.3.1
> installation.

It sounds like you upgraded your install from 5.2.1 to 5.3.0 by copying
things into the same directory, and when you started it, the solr.war
from 5.2.1 was expanded, overwriting the 5.3.0 webapp.  Solr 5.3.0 does
not include a .war file ... the webapp comes pre-expanded, with a
different context fragment file to use the webapp directly.  If the
context fragment (in server/contexts) points to a .war file from a
previous version, this might happen.

Exactly how to fix your install will depend on exactly what was done for
the upgrade ... you might be better off installing the new version into
a separate directory and switching from one to the other.  You're on
Windows, so you don't have the install script as an option, which would
have taken care of this problem by installing into a separate directory.

Thanks,
Shawn