From: Mark Fenbers [mailto:mark.fenb...@noaa.gov]
Sent: 27 September 2015 19:07
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: New Project setup too clunky

On 9/27/2015 12:49 PM, Alexandre Rafalovitch wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Thank you for your valuable feedback. The newbie's views are always
> appreciated.
>
> Admin Admin UI command is designed for creating a collection based on
> the configuration you already have. Obviously, it makes that point
> somewhat less than obvious.
>
> To create a new collection with configuration files all in place, you
> can bootstrap it from a configset. Which is basically what you did
> when you run "solr -e", except "-e" also populates the files and does
> other tricks.
>
> So, if you go back to the command line and run "solr" you will see a
> bunch of options. The one you are looking for is "solr create_core"
> which will tell you all the parameters as well as the available
> configurations to bootstrap from.
>
> I hope this helps.

Yes!  It does help!  But it took a post and a response on the user-forum for me
to learn this!  Rather, it should be added to the "Solr Quick Start" document.
Mark

Syngenta Limited, Registered in England No 2710846;Registered Office : Syngenta
Limited, European Regional Centre, Priestley Road, Surrey Research Park,
Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YH, United Kingdom
 This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the
designated recipient, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the
original and any copies. Any use of the message by you is prohibited.