Hi Roland,
what is your exact requirement ?
Do you want to basically build a "description" for a set of documents and
then find documents in the index, similar to this description ?

By default , based on my experience ( and on the code) this is the entry
point for the Lucene More Like This :

> *org.apache.lucene.queries.mlt.MoreLikeThis/*** Return a query that will
> return docs like the passed lucene document ID.** @param docNum the
> documentID of the lucene doc to generate the 'More Like This" query for.*
> @return a query that will return docs like the passed lucene document
> ID.*/public Query like(int docNum) throws IOException {if (fieldNames ==
> null) {// gather list of valid fields from luceneCollection<String> fields
> = MultiFields.getIndexedFields(ir);fieldNames = fields.toArray(new
> String[fields.size()]);}return createQuery(retrieveTerms(docNum));}*

It means that talking about "documents" you can feed only one Solr doc.

But you can also feed the MLT with simple text.

So you should study better your use case and understand which option
fits better :

1) customising the MLT component starting from Lucene

2) doing some processing client side and use the "text" similarity feature.

Cheers

--

Benedetti Alessandro
Visiting card - http://about.me/alessandro_benedetti