On 10/3/2015 9:17 PM, Siddhartha Singh Sandhu wrote:
> I want to disable the admin interface in SOLR. I understand that
> authentication is available in the solrcloud mode but until that happens I
> want to disable the admin interface in my prod environment.
>
> How can I do this?

Why do you need to disable the admin interface?  The admin interface is
just a bunch of HTML, CSS, and Javascript.  It downloads code that runs
inside your browser and turns it into a tool that can manipulate Solr.

The parts of Solr that need protecting are the APIs that the admin
interface calls.  When authentication is enabled in the newest Solr
versions, it is not the admin interface that is protected, it is those
APIs called by the admin interface.  Anyone can use those APIs directly,
completely independent of the interface.

Thanks
Shawn