From: Mark Fenbers [mailto:mark.fenb...@noaa.gov]
Sent: 12 October 2015 12:14
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: NullPointerException

On 10/12/2015 5:38 AM, Duck Geraint (ext) GBJH wrote:
> "When I use the Admin UI (v5.3.0), and check the spellcheck.build box"
> Out of interest, where is this option within the Admin UI? I can't find
> anything like it in mine...
This is in the expanded options that open up once I put a checkmark in the
"spellcheck" box.
> Do you get the same issue by submitting the build command directly with
> something like this instead:
> http://localhost:8983/solr/<core>/ELspell?spellcheck.build=true
> ?
Yes, I do.
> It'll be reasonably obvious if the dictionary has actually built or not by
> the file size of your speller store:
> /localapps/dev/EventLog/solr/EventLog2/data/spFile
>

> Otherwise, (temporarily) try adding...
> <str name="buildOnStartup">true</str>
> ...to your spellchecker search component config, you might find it'll log a
> more useful error message that way.
Interesting!  The index builds successfully using this method and I get no
stacktrace error.  Hurray!  But why??

So now, I tried running a query, so I typed Fenbers into the spellcheck.q box,
and I get the following 9 suggestions:
fenber
f en be r
f e nb er
f en b er
f e n be r
f en b e r
f e nb e r
f e n b er
f e n b e r

I find this very odd because I commented out all references to the wordbreak
checker in solrconfig.xml.  What do I configure so that Solr will give me
sensible suggestions like:
   fenders
   embers
   fenberry
and so on?

Mark

Syngenta Limited, Registered in England No 2710846;Registered Office : Syngenta
Limited, European Regional Centre, Priestley Road, Surrey Research Park,
Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YH, United Kingdom
 This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the
designated recipient, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the
original and any copies. Any use of the message by you is prohibited.