Looking at the code, this is not going to work without modifications to
Solr (or at least a custom component).

The atomic update code is closely embedded into the Solr
DistributedUpdateProcessor, which expands the atomic update into a full
document and then posts it to the shards.

You need to do the update expansion before your lang detect processor,
but there is no gap between them.

>From my reading of the code, you could create an AtomicUpdateProcessor
that simply expands updates, and insert that before the
LangDetectUpdateProcessor.

Upayavira