Hi,
I'm looking to compile the SolrJ for Solr 4.10.3 for running on Java 6.
(Due to choices beyond my control, we are on this older version of SolrJ and
Java 6.) I'm looking for any pointers on how I could do it?

I tried downloading the source from SVN (for Solr 4.10.3, not the latest
version). I then went into the /solr/common-build.xml file and changed the
javac.target to 1.6 i.e.
  <property name="javac.target" value="1.6"/>

I then ran "ant dist-solrj" and it compiled the SolrJ jar, but in Java 7. I
wanted Java 6.

I should admit that the manifest file has "X-Compile-Target-JDK: 1.6"
However if you look at any of the class files (say SolrRequest.class) using
"javap -verbose" you get "major version: 51" which means Java 7.

        Besides making the change in the /solr/common-build.xml, is there some
other change I need to make to be able to compile SolrJ for Java 6?

Thank you,
O. O.