Hi,

I have 100's of fields to search against based on some pre-defined static
rules.  So fields A, B, C to be searched as group-X, fields A, B, D, E, F
as group-Y, fields B, E, F, G as group-Z.  Each group is made up of 100's
of fields (at least 500).

I can use copyField variations to copy into each group, or I can code the
copy logic into my Java code (which is what I'm doing now) and have it copy
into each group.

My question is two folds:

1) Give my need, am I losing anything by writing my own copy-field in my
Java code vs. using Solr's copyField in the schema?

2) How do I prevent a case where when I copy data from field A and B where
A has "Fable of the Throbbing" and B has "Genius of a Tank Town" which get
copied into group-X as "Fable of the Throbbing Genius of a Tank Town".
When this happens, a phrase search for "Throbbing Genius" will get me a hit
(when in reality, it shouldn't).  If I was using copyField, wouldn't this
problem still exists?

Thanks in advanced.

Steve