Hi all,
I am working on a mechanism that applies additional boosts to documents
according to the role covered by the author. For instance we have

CEO|5 Architect|3 Developer|1 TeamLeader|2

keeping in mind that an author could cover multiple roles (e.g. for a
design document, a Team Leader could be also a Developer).

I am aware that is possible to implement a function that leverages
payloads, however the weights need to be configurable so I can't store the
payload at index time.
Passing all the weights at query time is not an option as we have more than
20 roles and query readability and performance would be heavily affected.

Do we have any "out of the box mechanism" in Solr to implement the
described behavior? If not, what other options do we have?