I quote Emir and I would like to ask if the Norms are ignored or not.
If they are not ignored and 15 is one of the search tokens, I can expect an
high score for a doc containing "15" because the Norm value will be quite
high ( as the field contains basically exactly the query term).

Cheers

On 9 November 2015 at 10:01, Emir Arnautovic <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
wrote:

> To get answer for why 15, you can use field analysis for index/query and
> see that "15%" is probably tokenized and as both 15 and 15%.
>
> Emir
>

> On 06.11.2015 20:22, Erick Erickson wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure what the question your asking is. You say
>> that you have debugged the query and the score for 15 is
>> higher than the ones below it. What's surprising about that?
>>
>> Are you saying you don't understand how the score is
>> calculated? Or the output when adding &debug=true
>> is inconsistent or what?
>>
>> Best,
>> Erick
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Brian Narsi <bnars...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a situation where.
>>>
>>> User search query
>>>
>>> q=15%
>>>
>>> Solr results contain several documents that are
>>>
>>> 15%
>>> 15%
>>> 15%
>>> 15%
>>> 15 (why?)
>>> 15%
>>> 15%
>>>
>>> I have debugged the query and can see that the score for 15 is higher
>>> than
>>> the ones below it.
>>>
>>> Why is that? Where can I read in detail about how the scoring is being
>>> done?
>>>
>>> Thanks

Benedetti Alessandro

"Tyger, tyger burning bright