I intend to use SolrJ. I only saw the below overloaded commit method in
documentation (http://lucene.apache.org/solr/4_10_3/solr-solrj/index.html)
of class ³org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer"

public UpdateResponse commit(boolean waitFlush, boolean waitSearcher,
boolean softCommit).

And I assumed waitSearcher is not the same as openSearcher.  (From the
documentation atleast it would seem that waitSearcher when false only does
not block the call, but a searcher is still opened).
None of the add methods take a openSearcher param either.

Regards
Sathya