Having 6 warming serachers is an anti-pattern. What it means is that commits
are happening faster than your searcher can be opened. There is _no_ good
reason that I know of for changing it from 2, having changed it in
solrconfig.xml
to 6 almost always indicates an improper configuration.

Places to look:
1> that commits are happening too often, and especially if the commits
are happening
from a client. If commits aren't being sent by a client, then look at
autoCommit and
softAutoCommit in solrconfig.xml (if you can).

2> excessive autowarm settings, again in solronfig.xml.

If, as you say all of Solr is a black box, then talk to the Sitecore
folks, on the surface
Solr is just poorly configured.

Best,
Erick