Hi,

I am using Solr 4.7.0 to search text with an id filter, like this:

      id:(100 OR 2 OR 5 OR 81 OR 10 ...)

The number of IDs in the boolean filter are usually less than 100, but
could sometimes be very large (around 30k IDs).

We currently set maxBooleanClauses to 1024, partitioned the IDs by every
1000, and batched the solr queries, which worked but became slow when the
total number of IDs is larger than 10k.

I am wondering what would be the best strategy to handle this kind of
problem?
Can we increase the maxBooleanClauses to reduce the number of batches?
And if possible, we prefer not to create additionally large indexes.

Thanks!