From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_luc...@fucit.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 10:54 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Why do documents without the search query term rank highest

: I would suggest you ask on a forum related to Adobe CQ. There are many
: ways in which CQ could be issuing queries against Solr, and without
: insight into that, people here aren't that likely to be able to help you
: - unless they happen to also use CQ, which probably amounts to a very
: small portion of this community.

If you have access to the Solr logs, and can provide us with the configs,
schema, and requests being made by your frontend, then folks might be able to
help explain the results.

In particular, if you can figure out what query the front end is making, then
make that same query with "debug=true" added to the request, and provide that
entire output here, then that will help explain everything about the queries
being executed and wy the results are getting the scores hey have...

: > For example, searching for 'big' bring back 'Home' as the top result
: > and 'Big Mac as the second result - see here
: >
http://www-a4.staging.mcdonalds.com/us/en/search/search_results.html?search=simple&queryText=burger&collection=usmcd

FWIW: That URL doesn't do a search for "big" ... pretty sure you ment...

http://www-a4.staging.mcdonalds.com/us/en/search/search_results.html?search=simple&queryText=big&collection=usmcd

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents is
confidential, may be privileged, and is intended solely for the person and/or
entity to whom it is addressed (i.e. those identified in the "To" and "cc"
box). They are the property of McDonald's Corporation. Unauthorized review,
use, disclosure, or copying of this communication, or any part thereof, is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please return the e-mail and attachments to the sender and delete the
e-mail and attachments and any copy from your system. McDonald's thanks you for
your cooperation.