Hi,

I'm using Solr 5.3.0

I found that in large documents, sometimes I face situation that when I do
a highlight query, the resultset that is returned does not contain the
highlighted query. There are actually matches in the documents, but just
that they located further back in the documents.

I have tried to increase the value of the hl.maxAnalyzedChars, as the
default value is 51200, and I have documents that are much larger than
51200 characters. Although this method works, but, when I increase this
value, the performance of the search and highlight drops. It can drop from
less than 0.5 seconds to more than 10 seconds.

Would like to check, is this method of increasing the value of the
hl.maxAnalyzedChars the best method to use, or is there other ways which
can solve the same purpose, but without affecting the performance much?

Regards,
Edwin