I'm running v5.2.1 on red hat linux. The "solr status" command is not
recognizing all my nodes. Consequently, "solr stop -all" only stops the node
on 8983. What's the recommended file structure for placing multiple nodes on
the same host? I am trying multiple "solr" folders within the same solr home
folder. With SOLRHOME/server/solr & SOLRHOME/server/solr2, what I get after
starting two nodes in cloud mode (with one embedded ZK) is a solr-8983.pid
file in SOLRHOME/bin & a solr-8984.pid file in SOLRHOME/server/solr2.
Doesn't seem right. Can I force PID files to all be in SOLRHOME/bin?

Is my file structure wrong? Should there be a completely separate solr home
folder for every node?

My big mistake was doing all my testing/investigation on windows and then
deploying on linux. There are big differences that I have not seen outlined
in the solr guide. Thanks for any help!!