In my use case, I have a number of shards where a query would run as
distributed search.  I am not using Solr Cloud, I have just a Solr server. Now,
when the search runs, I see one entry for each shard query as well as the
finally collective search query response. As the results, I am ending up with a
very noisy log. I don't care about individual shard queries, just the aggregate
result. Is there a way to configure Solr so it would only log the final
collective response? I believe this use case also applies to Solr Cloud.

  Looking at the Solr code, class SolrCore, I see the following lines is
performing the logging:

    if (rsp.getToLog().size() > 0) {
      if (requestLog.isInfoEnabled()) {
        requestLog.info(rsp.getToLogAsString(logid));
      }

  I was thinking of adding a flag that filter the distributed logs by looking
at the 'params' and check for 'isShard=true' and if present don't log it.

  Any suggestion or comment? Is this something people would be interested in?

Regards,

Koorosh