So that's a good question - how do you identify parent documents that
*do not* have child documents.

I'm not sure how you would do that. However, you could index the number
of children into the parent as an integer, then it would be easy.

You could probably do that inside an UpdateProcessor, even using the
Javascript ScriptUpdateProcessor. Probably simpler though in the code
that pushes the docs to Solr.

Upayavira