This all started with me trying to use {!switch} to indicate with CO or NY
to use. if we pass state1, that is supposed to take precedence, but if
nothing is returned, then use state.... Make sense now?

I could not find a way to check for strlen($state1). Which is what I want
in the case statement. This just does not work...
Something like the following is what I am trying to do:

fq={!switch case."anything"=$state1
                            default=$state
                             v=$state1}</str>

So I tried the following to set all 50 states:

fq={!switch case.all='*:*'
                             case.CO='state:CO'
                             case.NY='state:NY'
                             v=$state1}</str>

Obviously Oregon (OR!) is an issue, and it won't work at all plus

--
Bill Bell
billnb...@gmail.com