On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:23:14 -0700
Jon Drukman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ok well let's say that i can live without john/jon in the short term.
> what i really need today is a case insensitive wildcard search with
> literal matching (no fancy stemming.  bobby is bobby, not bobbi.)
>
> what are my options?

Jon,
read
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters

define your own type (or modify text / string... but I find that it gets
confusing to have variations of text / string ...) to perform the operations on
the content as needed.

There are also other tokenizer/analysers available that *may* help in the
partial searches (ngram , edgengram ), but there isn't much documentation on
them yet (that I could find) - I am only getting into them myself ....i'll see
how it goes..

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Warned.