Few days ago I had a nullpointer exception with solr 5.4.0 few days ago.

This was the exception.

java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.solr.search.QParser.getParser(QParser.java:315) at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.prepare(QueryComponent.java:159)
at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:254)
at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:156)
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:2073) at
org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.execute(HttpSolrCall.java:658) at
org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.call(HttpSolrCall.java:457) at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:222)
at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:181)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:585)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:215)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:110)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:499) at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:310) at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:540)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Well, maybe I took the longest way, but having the ability to debug the
running application pointed exactly the problem.

I had a misstyped defType in solrconfig.xml

--
Vincenzo D'Amore
email: v.dam...@gmail.com