Team

Thanks for all the help before.

Current State

I am working with a customer that has about a billion documents on 20 shards.
The documents are extremely small about 100 characters each.
The insert rate is pretty good, but they are trying to fetch the document by
using SolrJ SolrQuery

Solr Query is taking about 1 min to return.

The query is very simple
id:<documentid>
Note the content of the document is just the documentid.

Request for Information

A) I am looking for some information as how I could go about tuning the query.
B) An alternate approach that I am thinking of is to use the "/get" request
handler
Is this going to be faster than "/select"
C) I am looking at the debugQuery option, but I am unsure how to interpret
this. I saw an slide share which talked about "http://explain.solr.pl/help";,
but it only supports older versions of solr.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Shivaji