From: Steve Rowe [mailto:sar...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:17 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to convert string field to date

Hi Sreenivasa,

This is a known bug:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__issues.apache.org_jira_browse_SOLR-2D8607&d=CwIFaQ&c=19TEyCb-E0do3cLmFgm9ItTXlbGQ5gmhRAlAtE256go&r=ZV-VnW_JFfcZo8vYJrpehzAvJFfw1xE42YRKpSHHqLg&m=ZJBCYIV-H5H3u5j_Rrhaex68Eb9dgqZmlO6fzKNfr8s&s=qmQIR8akquwcJ83E7HZgK38lTfSug8QifJEH1_ljJkk&e=

(though the problem is not just about catch-all fields as the issue currently
indicates - all dynamic fields are affected)

Two workarounds (neither tested):

1. Add attr_date via add-dynamic-field instead of add-field (even though the
name has no asterisk) 2. Remove the attr_* dynamic field, add attr-date, then
add attr_* back; these can be done with a single request.

I’ll update SOLR_8607 to reflect these things.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com