I have not used Shield yet, so this is based just on the document you sent.

I would use different Request Handler endpoints for different users
and put the restrictions there, in the invariants section.

For field restrictions, I would use 'uf' parameter. As for example
here (from my old book):
https://github.com/arafalov/solr-indexing-book/blob/master/published/languages/conf/solrconfig.xml#L24

For document restrictions, it just seems like an extra 'fq' query to
filter out the documents. Or a post-filter.

The only question is how to route to the relevant endpoint and that
can be done in the middle-ware or possibly by one of the plugin
components for Solr.  Or use ManifoldCF, as per the wiki page on the
topic: https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrSecurity#Document_Level_Security

Does this fulfill your requirements?

Regards,
   Alex.