On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 7:10 AM, Markus Jelsma
<markus.jel...@openindex.io> wrote:
> Hi - i must have missing something but is it possible to declare custom JSON
> facet functions in solrconfig.xml? Just like we would do with request
> handlers or  search components?

Yes, but it will probably change:

So currently, you would register a facet function just like a custom
function (value source),
but just put "_agg" at the end of the name and implement AggValueSource.
So for example, the "sum" facet function is registered as "sum_agg"
and implements AggValueSource (the class is SumAgg)

So if you utilize this, just realize that the mechanism and interfaces
are experimental and subject to change (and probably will change at
some point for this in particular).

-Yonik