Hi Paul,

Shawn is referring to use Collections API
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API  than Core
Admin API https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/CoreAdmin+API
for SolrCloud.

Hope that clarifies and you mentioned about ADDREPLICA which is the
collections API, so you are on right track.

Thanks,
Susheel