Hello Tom - Nutch 2.x has iirc old SolrServer client implemented. It should
just send an HTTP request to a specified node. The Solr node will then forward
it to a destination shard. In Nutch, you should set up indexer-solr as an
indexing plugin in the plugin.includes configuration directive and use the
bin/nutch index ... command.

If there are errors in logs, please check Nutch' logs/hadoop.log and/or Solr's
log and copy/paste it to the mailing list.

It would be best to continue this on Nutch' mailing list. In most cases it is a
Nutch configuration problem except when you are not using Nutch' schema.xml in
your Solr set up.

Regards,
Markus